Search results

1. Shinshi

Basement Utility Sink Drain Options

I would like to install a utility sink in my basement and I am considering my options on how best to plumb it. The main stack is on the completely opposite side of the finished basement, so not an option. There is a drain in the basement floor, 6 feet from where I would like to locate the...
  2. Shinshi

Reverse Osmosis Filter Stops Making Water

Yes, I will get back as to whether removing the auto shutoff valve completely cures the problem. It may be a while though, as it can work for weeks just fine and then act up. For the record, the auto shutoff valve was the first thing I replaced when this problem started. It happened the...
  3. Shinshi

I will remove the auto shutoff valve and see if it makes a difference. I did have this problem prior to installing the Permeate pump, but I am willing to try anything because I have tried everything else I can possibly think of short of replacing the whole RO system with a new one. Any chance...
  4. Shinshi

Here is a picture of my RO setup.
  5. Shinshi

To clarify, I had this problem prior to installing the Permeate Pump. I installed the pump thinking it might correct the issue. I also replaced the Auto Shutoff Valve to no avail. I have not removed the Auto Shutoff Valve completely from the system as it is not recommended to do so when...
  6. Shinshi

Does anybody have any idea at all? I have tried everything I can think of and this problem just doesn't make sense.
  7. Shinshi

I have a RO system that stops producing water periodically. If I turn off the supply water for 20 minutes or so and then switch back on it clears itself and starts producing again. I changed all the filters, including the membrane, same problem. It gets worse in the cold winter weather, so...
  8. Shinshi

Brass Cleanout Plug in ABS Cleanout Tee?

I have ABS pipe in the wall with a cleanout and I'd like to install a flush cleanout cover like this one Watts makes... http://www.watts.com/pro/_productsFull.asp?catId=67&parCat=378&pid=1305&ref=2 Now Watts only offers this in Brass. I have searched the internet and this forum and I...
  9. Shinshi

Sink drain to main DWV connection

I don't know why the two drains weren't tied in together in the first place. The reason I was looking at using an elbow with a heel inlet was because I have another 3" pipe connection from above. I decided there were too many things I did not know and could not easily find out about plumbing...
  10. Shinshi

OK. Thanks. Back to the drawing board...
  11. Shinshi

I also need to divert the main stack on the basement wall. It is show in the first picture here. I need to move it over to run up to the other side of the beam. My plan is to cut it off and divert it with a joint like I have shown in the second pic. I don't see any problems doing this...
  12. Shinshi

I am moving some DWV piping in the basement prior to developing. The main DWV pipe in this first picture needs to be moved to the other side of the main beam and connected to the sink drain shown in the second picture. The last picture is how I think the two should be connected...
  13. Shinshi

Watts Adjustable Floor Cleanout

I am trying to figure out the best way to make a basement floor cleanout to be as unobtrusive as possible. I would like to set it in the concrete and ensure that it will allow for a flush surface after the subfloor is installed. I am considering a Watts adjustable floor cleanout like a CO-200-R...
  14. Shinshi

Floor Access Panels

Thank you Redwood, for providing a link to that Watts cleanout. I really quite like that idea and I also found some that were good for recessing tile. I can use that style in the bathroom floor. I had done some searching for floor cleanouts, but not come across the one you linked to here...
  15. Shinshi

Floor Access Panels

Thank you for the advice. With the helpful feedback I have received, I am now convinced and will make these access points easily accessible. More so than I had originally planned. Now I will just have to come up with an ingenious way to build an access panel into my Delta FL & OSB subfloor that...
  16. Shinshi

Floor Access Panels

I like the idea about putting a access point under a tile. I am planning to do exactly that in the bathroom where I have an access point to the backwater valve right in the middle of the floor. I've considered laminate, but had decided on carpet for added warmth. I may reconsider laminate in...
  17. Shinshi

Floor Access Panels

I have 3 plumbing access points in my basement foundation which are right in the middle of what I intend to be a bedroom floor. I am still uncertain on how to make them as hidden as possible and still make it possible for future access should it be required. Does anyone have any recommendations...
  18. Shinshi

Basement Floor Plumbing Identification?

Yes, that is my thoughts too. I'd just like to identify where each of these are connected into, whether sewer or storm sewer system. I am assuming these are the only two possibilities.
  19. Shinshi

The builder or the builder's contractor was the "genius" that did this job! I am the second owner, so I get to correct these problems now. I figured the best course of action is to bring these up to floor level. I do question whether the drain is necessary though. I have one about 15 feet...
  20. Shinshi

I am about to finish the basement, but prior to doing so I thought it would be prudent to investigate the plumbing access points I have in the cement floor. The house was built in 2003 in Calgary, Alberta and would have been subject to plumbing codes applicable at that time. There are a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks