Search results

1. aswetich

Intellidrive Integration with Home Automation for leak detection

Is it possible to link the Intellidrive system with a home automation system like Alexia, Google, etc, to shut it down if a leak is detected? I know the Intellidrive offers a cabled moisture sensor, but I hoped to provide more coverage to my house. When I was on city water, my home...
  2. aswetich

Self draining spigot for garage

I want to install just cold running water in the garage at my snowmobile cabin. I only use the cabin on weekends so I need a way to prevent freezing during the week. I looked at installing a frost free hydrant but installing it in the garage with a concrete floor is a no go. The well pit is...
  3. aswetich

Pump Switch Setting

The switch for the well pump at my cottage went bad so I need to replace it. The water pressure really isn't that good so I was was thinking of using a 40/60 pre-set square D switch. Is there any problem in doing so with the equipment I have ? 1. Well-X 202 bladder tank 2. 1 HP pump 3...
  4. aswetich

New Campbell Mfg 2" Silent Sewage Check Valve slow to open

I installed a sewage ejection pump in my basement about 10 years ago and recently noticed water was backfilling to to the tank when it stopped pumping. Knowing the check valve was bad I decided to replace it with the new type that is silent because the end of cyle "Thump" always drove me nuts...
  5. aswetich

Sump Pump Gurgles when it shuts off (It has a good check valve installed)

My basement sump pump is connected to a 1.5" discharge line (With a good check valve 2' from pump) that goes up 6 feet and than does a gradual slope down for about 200 feet ending at a point lower than the sump pit. When the sump pump stops the pit gurgles because it's sucking air until all the...
  6. aswetich

Should downhill distance be considered for head pressure of sump pump discharge ?

Looking to get a backup sump pump and noticed all the manufacturers rate GPM based on how many feet of "Lift" is required. I have a 1.5 discharge line that goes up about 8 feet and then travels downhill about 100 feet. (It's 1.5" the whole way) When the pump stops I can hear air sucking from...
  7. aswetich

How to reduce sump pump cycle time ?

I am trying to get my pump to cycle less and I think part of the problem is that the pump has a built in vertical float switch that limits the range I can set. The float switch uses a seperate cord so I tried using a teathered float but the sump diameter is too small to give me the range I...
  8. aswetich

Secondary Sump Pump Recomendation

I have a FlowTec Model FPSC4550A that recently went out and I went to Home Depot where they exchanged it with a new one. (This was my 2nd free replacement) The 1st one lasted 3 Years and the 2nd one about 2 years. Home depot says they are not supposed to swap the units at the stores anymore...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks