Pump Switch Setting

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by aswetich, May 20, 2013.

1. aswetich

aswetich New Member

The switch for the well pump at my cottage went bad so I need to replace it. The water pressure really isn't that good so I was was thinking of using a 40/60 pre-set square D switch. Is there any problem in doing so with the equipment I have ?

1. Well-X 202 bladder tank
    2. 1 HP pump
    3. Cottage has PVC water supply lines

I was going to turn the pump off, open a faucet till the water stops coming out, then set the tank pressure to 38 PSI. After that was done I would simply install the new pre-set switch.

Does this sound OK ?

Thanks

2. LLigetfa

LLigetfa DIYer, not in the trades

Information Technology
    That would depend on whether the pump is capable of producing that much pressure. If it cannot, it will not shut off and could melt down.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement