Secondary Sump Pump Recomendation

Users who are viewing this thread

aswetich

Reaction score
I have a FlowTec Model FPSC4550A that recently went out and I went to Home Depot where they exchanged it with a new one. (This was my 2nd free replacement) The 1st one lasted 3 Years and the 2nd one about 2 years. Home depot says they are not supposed to swap the units at the stores anymore but they did both times because I complained. The process is to send the cord with the sticker to FloTec and they ship a new pump to your house. I know this process works because I recently had a FloTec sewage pump go out and they shipped me a replacement.
Here is my question:
I know the FlowTec isn't the best pump but since it has a lifetime warranty I just assume swap it out when it fails. Can anyone recommend a cheap second pump I could install as a back-up ? I have a water alarm that could alert me when the primary fails so I need a cheap back-up pump that could keep up while I wait for the replacement. I have a generator so it does not need to be battery operated.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks