Search results

1. George R

What type of insulation under new laundry room "closet?"

I plan to build a small laundry room "closet" off of an existing kitchen. Stacked washer/dryer. The space will be approximately 3'x5' and will jut out into the existing garage.The plan is to build a "deck" out over the garage floor, since the garage floor is 15" lower than the existing kitchen...
  2. George R

Can an in-wall carrier be raised to ADA height?

A relative recently purchased a home. It contains 2 Eljer wall mount toilets. These are fitted with Eljer 1.6 gpf tanks with PF/2 Energizer power flush units. She is generally pleased with the toilets, however, the problem is she wants (needs) a bowl that is higher. The house is approximately...
  3. George R

Bin Laden Joke

There is a new cocktail sweeping the country. It's called the Bin Laden. It consists of two shots and a splash.:D
  4. George R

Need help to decide on a toilet

My sister has a mentally challenged 27 yr old daughter that still lives with her. Apparently this daughter has huge bowel movements, and plunging is virtually a daily "fact of life" for my sister. It doesn't sound like a drain line problem but merely a trapway problem. My sister is planning...
  5. George R

Vent pipe size thru roof

Adding a new 1/2 bath, just a sink and a toilet. The vent for the sink (1 1/2") and the vent for the toilet (2") will join together in the attic and then exit the roof. These vents are not tied in to any other vents in the house. Can this vent exit the roof as 2" or does it need to be...
  6. George R

Rolling a horizontal wye

Short question first, then the longer explanation. Is it permissable to roll a wye less than 45 degrees off of horizontal (say 22.5 degrees)? I'm roughing out plans for installing a new 1/2 bath. Just a toilet and a sink. The height in the joist bay of the 3" toilet drain is fixed (and...
  7. George R

New toilet install

I would like to install a new toilet and sink in an existing 1st floor (large) closet with a full basement underneath (good access). I have a straight 30 ft run (3 in PVC) to an existing horizontal 3 in waste line from a 1st floor toilet. Vents are no problem, straight up to the attic from the...
  8. George R

Removal of paint from acrylic tub

I have some overspray of latex paint (bare drywall primer) onto an acrylic one-piece shower/tub combo (new). The paint on the tub is approximately the same thickness as the wall paint since the overspray was due to some "weak" masking tape allowing the drop cloth to pull away from the tub...
  9. George R

Help with Moen kitchen faucet

I have a Moen 7400 series kitchen faucet (I believe 7430W). Single lever style handle with attached sprayer. It is leaking at the base of the spout assembly where it meets the sink escutcheon plate. I've looked at the parts explosion on-line and it looks like I may need the "spout O-ring...
  10. George R

Dryer vent question

New construction. I want to install a dryer vent to a centrally located laundry in a standard 1 story ranch. I have a choice of going straight vertical (8ft room rise plus approx. 8-10 ft in attic. It's an 8/12 pitch roof so there is alot of vertical distance in the attic. The vent would...
  11. George R

Preference for solder and flux?

I was wondering what some of the professional plumbers on this site prefer in the way of flux and solder. I'm just a DIYer but I seem to do a fair amount of sweating pipe for friends and relatives. I very rarely have a bad joint but some just seem to flow smoother than others and end up...
  12. George R

Leak in Price Pfister Faucet

My mother has a 36 series PF kitchen faucet 8H6-85PC purchased 2-3 years ago at one of the bigbox stores. This faucet developed a leak and upon removing the stem discovered that it has 2 ceramic mating surfaces and a thin rubber washer on the bottom. I thought that the ceramic was supposed...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks