Leak in Price Pfister Faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

George R

Reaction score
My mother has a 36 series PF kitchen faucet 8H6-85PC purchased 2-3 years ago at one of the bigbox stores. This faucet developed a leak and upon removing the stem discovered that it has 2 ceramic mating surfaces and a thin rubber washer on the bottom.

I thought that the ceramic was supposed to be a lifetime like deal. It certainly doesnt seem like it should be leaking after only 2-3 years. The local Menards sells the complete stem assembly (PF brand) for $16 each(S10-900). But no other washers etc. for this faucet. I don't particularly want to spend $32 fixing a relatively new faucet. There doesnt seem to be any particulate material preventing the seal.

Can these ceramic seals be polished, such as with 1000 grit emery cloth? Any other inexpensive solutions?

Thanks in advance for any help.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
pp

You do not even know what is leaking in the faucet, so why would you start sanding the ceramic pieces, even if you could smooth them better? Call 1-800-PFAUCET and have PP send you two new stems.

George R

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks PEW and hj.

I phoned PF and they are sending two replacement stems, free of charge. Just a $5.00 shipping fee. Very pleasant to deal with, I'm impressed. Thanks again. George

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks