Search results

1. Statjunk

Water Heater In-Line Pump

Hello All, Do you guys know of a pump that can be hooked up to the drain of a hot water tank to pump the water out of a basement with no floor drain? Thanks Tom
  2. Statjunk

Water Softner - Unused for Winter

Hello, I have a twin tank style softener with mechanical head. If the unit sits unused for 3-4 maybe as much as 5 months, is there anything I need to worry about when I start to use it again? Only other thing I can think of is I'm on a private well. Thanks Tom
  3. Statjunk

All Over the Map Hot Water Heater Questions

Hey guys, Well I'm in the planning phase of a new hot water heater for an up north cabin. Right now there is a 5 year old electric water heater in there and I'm planning on switching it over to gas for the cost savings. Having visited this board for many years my plan was to purchase a...
  4. Statjunk

Kholer Medicine Cabinet - Flush Mount - Hinges

Just thought I'd throw this out to the group. If you have the Kohler Medicine Cabinet. The real fancy ones that are all mirror, inside and out, they carry a lifetime warranty. The hinges in the original models are made out of some plastic parts on the inside of the hinge. They can break...
  5. Statjunk

Proper Size Gas Pipe to Dryer?

Hello All, It's been a while since I've been on here. I hope that most everyone is still on here. Feels like it's been a year or so since I've been on here. In that time I've gotten married, had a son, folded my contracting business, got laid off from my day job, found another day job...
  6. Statjunk

Fireplace Mantel ?

Hey guys, I've never built a fireplace mantel and wanted to know if any of you have. I'm looking to use some real nice crown molding and for it to finish off with some dental molding. I could wing it but figured I'd throw it out there first. Here are couple of things I know I need help...
  7. Statjunk

Got a Toughy! Electrical Box Cover

Hello All, I have the misfortune of trying to put an electical box cover over a set of plugs that is embedded in a rock face. I purchased a Nylon cover that claims is unbreakable but it catches on the protrusions from the rock face. So either I'm going to need a cover that is vitually the...
  8. Statjunk

Metal Roofing Question ?

Hey guys, Are metal rooms generally vented? How about older metal roofs? A buddy has an old farm house with a metal roof and there doesn't appear to be any vents built into it. He wants to use blown insulation. Does he need to but in soffit (sp) baffles to keep airflow though again I...
  9. Statjunk

Kohler Cimmeron Plunger ?

I read that you can't plunge a Kholer Cimmeron. Why is that? I've been getting line clogs with mine and I haven't been able to plunge it. Thanks Tom
  10. Statjunk

Bathroom Stink Drains

Hello All, I have Pegasus Sink drains in the hallway bathroom. There are two sinks. After running the water there is always a little bit of water left around the drain assembly. Maybe a couple of finger nails worth. There is also always this black stuff building up. I figured the black...
  11. Statjunk

Kitchen Sink Slow Drain

Hey guys, I have to drain lines under the kitchen sink. On side has the discharge for the garbage disposal and the other side has the discharge from the larger sink base. Recently I put a bunch of onion peels into the disposal and I had an immediate clog sitaution. I got out the plunger...
  12. Statjunk

Clogged Line

Hey guys, I posted here about 6 months ago that I had a toilet that would gargle when I'd be taking a shower. I called out a plumber and he ran a power snake down the line and went out about 35'. It was a very easy snake run and it never hit anything solid in anyway. For six months I...
  13. Statjunk

Condensate Pump - Fungus

Hey guys, One guys says bleach and the other says Vinegar. What do you guys use for keeping fungus out of the condensate pump? Vinegar guys says bleach will eat the seals on the pump. Tom
  14. Statjunk

Trim Gaps

Back to trim questions again. I've got a whole bunch of trim to do. About 1000 linear feet. What do you guys recommend for caulking the trim to the wall and caulking in the non perfect corners? When I asked before about filling the nail pops you guys told me not to use Alex Caulk and...
  15. Statjunk

Filling Nails on Trim

How do you guys fill nails on trim? Do you use wood puddy or alex caulk? I told a guy I was going to use wood puddy and he looked at me like I was a ghost and told me that I was wasting a lot of time. What's the opinion on this one? Tom
  16. Statjunk

Order of Operations - Doors

Want to see if some of you have some suggestions here. I have to install 7 interior doors. I will be using Pre-Hung doors. I will be replacing the hinges on all the doors to convert over to nickel over the brass. I guess the first question is: Does anyone have a preference on L*wes vs...
  17. Statjunk

Fan Issues

I installed a fan last night and I was pretty surprised by the installation method. This fan was different than most fans I've installed. Most will have a bracket that attaches to the ceiling junction box. You wire the fan up by hanging it from the bracket and then you push the wires into the...
  18. Statjunk

Adhesive

Hey guys, Anybody know of an adhesive to bond wood to concrete where the concrete is heated. The concrete can change temperature between summer and winter very drastically. Any ideas? Thanks Tom
  19. Statjunk

Big Buck

Any idea where the big buck came from that is in my post? LOL. Hopefully from my hunting spot in Northern Michigan. Tom
  20. Statjunk

Two Garbage Disposals 1 Switch

Hey guys, I really want another garbage disposal in my second sink. What violations would be made by junctioning two garbage disposals to run from one switch. The electrical power from the disposal is run in 12 guage wire and is the only thing on the circuit. 1) Would both motors...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks