Got a Toughy! Electrical Box Cover

Users who are viewing this thread

Statjunk

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I have the misfortune of trying to put an electical box cover over a set of plugs that is embedded in a rock face. I purchased a Nylon cover that claims is unbreakable but it catches on the protrusions from the rock face.

So either I'm going to need a cover that is vitually the exact size as the box or I need one that is pretty much made out of rubber.

I have a Nylon cover. Can it be cut?

Thanks

Tom

Iminaquagmire

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
It should be able to be cut, as long as you don't use something like tile nippers. I know that the plain metal covers are a very close fit on some boxes. They need to be to be used for exposed work. Otherwise could you put a box extension on and bring the box out flush with the highest point of the stone?

Statjunk

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
So what should I use to cut the cover?

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Tom

Alectrician

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
You can cut the nylon cover easily with tin snips or just about antrhing.

A metal handybox cover will be smaller.

Statjunk

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip on using the tin snips! Work like a charm. I was even able to cut little slivers off to fit the cover. I had my doubts to be honest.

Is there a size limit on pictures? If not I will post one.

Thanks

Tom

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks