Search results

1. J

Zone valve sizing

Hi to all. I am zoning my Peerless boiler into two zones one feeding the first and second floor with 1 1/4" pipe and the second zone feeding the basement with 1" pipe. Do my zone valves have to match the diameter of the pipe they are serving? Also any advice on which valve would best work with...
  2. J

boiler supply

Furd, That picture is what I have it is just separated by a nipple. I think the pressure reducer was upgraded with the boiler and they kept the old pressure valve which is red and looks older. As I said before there is a relief valve on the boiler itself. So in the end I will be going shut-off...
  3. J

boiler supply

In fact I need a strainer screen for that B&G. Does anyone know where I can get that?
  4. J

boiler supply

Thanks Lou. Also on the supply line is a B&G fb-38 which I believe is serving that purpose. I haven't been able to find out if I need a check valve in Chicago yet if any one knows.
  5. J

boiler supply

Great thanks hj. I have the relief valve on the boiler already so I can lose this one. I will also check today to see if I need a check valve on the supply side here in Chicago. Thanks again.
  6. J

boiler supply

By the way it is a hot water system. Also the valve is red, dome shaped and has a hook shaped lever at the top to open the valve. It doesn't look like any backflow preventer that I have been looking at online.
  7. J

boiler supply

Thanks for the response. I'm not sure really what it is. It does have a discharge port on the bottom. It is a Bell and Gossett and there is a No 8 stamped on it. So this would be in place of the check valve? Thanks.
  8. J

boiler supply

Hi. I had to reroute the supply feed for my boiler. On the line is a shutoff, a pressure reducer valve, what looks like a pressure relief valve and another shut-off. The manual for the boiler has all these parts except there is a check valve in the place of the pressure relief valve. Should I...
  9. J

Pressure loop

So what's all the fuss over this loop? How should it be piped? The system has a shower head, a hand held and 3 body sprays.
  10. J

Pressure loop

Hi. I've seen two diagrams on how to pipe a pressure balancing loop for three body sprays. One has the outlets all on one side of the loop with the inlet on the other side and the other has the outlets in the middle with the loop shaped like a figure 8. Is there a difference with these two...
  11. J

Black>Galvanized>Copper

Hi. I am adding a short run of 3/4 copper to a hot water boiler system that is piped with steel. If I use a galvanized elbow will I get a reaction between the copper and galvanized fitting in this low oxygen environment? Should I just stick with brass or steel? Thanks
  12. J

Drain size

Yes, the heads are adjustable. I just want to make sure I'm not standing in the shower and the sprays are hitting me from the waist up. I am dealing with about 45 psi. Thanks
  13. J

Drain size

Hi. I have two questions pertaining to a shower remodel. One, I will have 4 or 5 shower heads producing a total 10-12.5 GPM. If everything is pitched and vented properly will a 2 inch drain be sufficient to get rid of the water? Second, does anyone have a suggestion as to how far apart body...
  14. J

Pipe diameter

Hi. I am replacing my galvanized water lines with cooper in a two story house with a basement. I have the main coming in at 3/4 and will run the supplies at 1". My question is for the first floor supply lines should I knock them down to 3/4 then branch to 1/2" or should I branch of the 1" with...
  15. J

kitchen drain

Hi all. I have a 2 inch drain going into the mainstack via a short run of about 1foot of 1 1/2 inch. There is a slop sink at the point where the pipe reduction is. Is there a problem with this drain backing up because of the restricted flow of the downsized pipe? The fitting on the stack is 1...
  16. J

Venting a kitchen sink

Thanks for the responses. I don't think there will be a possibility for any condensation to build up as both ends of the vent will be leading directly to waste. So I just need to slope it one way or the other and find the right inspector. Thanks again.
  17. J

Venting a kitchen sink

Well sort of. It goes up first, then across then down to the bathroom sink's vent. There the bathroom sink vents to the main stack and out the roof.
  18. J

Venting a kitchen sink

Hi. I'm moving the sink in my kitchen to the other side of the room. There is a bathroom about 10 feet away with it's own dedicated drain and vent stack. Can I vent my new sink by going up to the ceiling, about a 6 foot rise, over to the existing sink, about 10 feet down to the existing vent...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks