Search results

1. scrappy

constant running water after new toilet repair kit installed

the flush lever broke on my AS Cadet toilet, ended up replacing all the tank components with a Korky kit. The problem is that even when the valve fills tank with water and replenishes the bowl, the water continues to run full tilt. We always had a constant trickle of water before (could always...
  2. scrappy

installing water hammer arrestors

When installing water hammer arrestors on a washing machine, do i use teflon tape on the plastic washing machine valves? I've never dealt with plastic thread before. :confused Thanks
  3. scrappy

best way to cut pvc pipe?

I have a pvc drain pipe that needs to have a broken joint cut of and replaced. what's the easiest way to do this? the pipe rests up agains a joist but I can get a little space off the joist. I'm thinking sawzall? what's the best type of blade for the pvc? thanks for the help. Scott
  4. scrappy

awkward..how to seal drain pipe???

I had a drain put in the upstairs laundry room floor below our new washer. Long story, but i needed to rip it out and now am left with a small diameter hole in the subfloor AND built up mortared/tiled floor. The drain wash roughly removed from the floor and now i need to seal it as it is no...
  5. scrappy

poor pedestal sink install??

here's the scenario... we just had a pedestal sink installed. 1. the plumber never removed the caulking from the wall from the previous sink. so when he installed the basin, it can't sit flush (due to one vertical line of caulk on the left side). 2. he only fastened it to the wall with...
  6. scrappy

replacing galvanized pipes??

We are finally going to replace the last of the galv. pipes in our house. we had a leak in the upstairs bathroom and decided now is the time to change over to copper for the bathroom. we want to replace all the galv. for copper and change all the shower fixtures. our shower/tub is really...
  7. scrappy

thermal expansion tank for water heater?

do i need to add a thermal expansion tank to my new hot water heater? old one was 50 gall electric and did not have one. new tank is 80 gall electric? thanks Scott
  8. scrappy

flex hose for new water heater??

is acceptable to use flexible hose to connect water pipes to a water heater. our new heater will be taller than the old and this would be easier. will it be as durable? thanks for the help. Scott
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks