Troybilt push mower

Users who are viewing this thread

deb963

Reaction score
Has anybody tried the Troybilt TB426 21" Push Lawn Mower? I need some reviews on this push mower?:p

PEW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I have two Troy-Bilt mowers from when the company was owned buy Troy-Bilt which are great machines. Since they sold out, the quality is no where near the same.

Last edited:

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
I bought a Troy-Bilt mower the week before Consumer Reports reported they weren't so great. Wish I had waited :(.

Lancaster

Reaction score
Troy-bilt is history.They made wonderful roto tillers but all they are now is a brand name owned by MTD which makes plain jane equipment.The mower is OK,its just a engine with a blade,it cuts grass.If the price is right,its as good as any other generic lawnmower.

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
That's what I thought, and I've had very good luck with Murray equipment in the past, so I bought it at Lowe's (who, BTW, denied any MTD/Troy-Bilt relationship).

The variable-speed throttle lever is too hard for my wife to use, so we have to tie it down with a Velcro strap, severely limiting its usefulness and compromising safety. The adjustable wheel assemblies are held together with external Circlips, which occasionally pop out and have to be replaced, which turns out to be a lot harder than it looks. Consumer Reports said it "mowed unevenly", which confused me. How could a simple rotary mower -- engine, blade, deck, wheels -- mow unevenly? Well, this one has figured out how to do it. I'm disgusted with it.

Update -- after the wheel fell off for the 3rd time, I took it back to Lowe's, who refunded the purchase price even though it was 11 days over the 90-day return period. Bought a Toro to replace it, which I like a lot.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks