Yay or Nay on this Hellenbrand + Centaur Carbon combo?? Details in thread...

Users who are viewing this thread

OscarRuns

Reaction score
The info below is what I am thinking of getting for our family of 4 (2 toddlers now, but with growing water needs in the years to come). This was sent in by the company in response to some of the questions I had. Is the clack valve what does the backwashing for the carbon regeneration? This plus RO using Ecowater is what we are thinking. I'd love to get your opinions on this to make sure there are no red flags before we go ahead.

"The ACF5000-DMT(Hellenbrand) uses the Clack Valve with a PM6 Controller on a Vortech(Enpress) tank. It comes with 1cu ft of Centaur Carbon and 64,000 grains of 10% Crosslink Softening Resin(Industrial Strength). 10% Resin is rated at about double the strength of traditional 8% Resin.(it doesn’t break down like others)

The Centaur Carbon provides Whole-House filtration and is designed to remove Chloramine/Chlorine from water. They use chloramine in our town so we tend to use the Centaur Carbon. According to the 2016 water quality report, your town maintains 0.6 – 1.0ppm of Chlorine in the water. If they start using Chloramine(Chlorine+Amonia) in the future, you’re system will still remove it! Based on your water, your resin should last 20+ years aka FOREVER"