Wud u buy this used Toto for $50?

Users who are viewing this thread

Cjccmc

Reaction score
I never heard the name Toto before coming here a few days ago but it's obvious the name is highly regarded in the kingdom of thrones. This one is advertised on Craigsl1st with no info other than "works great and has no scratches".
Can anyone tell if this is a newer model or low water usage?
Would you buy this?

toto 50.JPG

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I would be leery about anything on Craig's List. Not to say all of the ads are fraud, but many are. If you really are interest in this toilet, inspect in person. The model codes should be on the inside of the lid. If you can get the numbers, come back here. The Toto pros can tell from them what this is. There were some early Toto's that were not too good. I would not expect this to be a newer model for $50. So no, I would not buy this without more specific information.

Cjccmc

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply and info Gary.

Apparently it sold pretty quickly so it spared me the agony of a decision. As this one was at a home in a pricey neighborhood I can imagine someone there deciding to throw out a high functioning toilet just so they could get the nicer looking one they saw on display in a high end store.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
We all like to get a bargain, but sometimes, even usually, it turns out not to be such a good deal. Guess you'll never know for sure on this one. I would say that unless you are really, really pressed for money, it would be my suggestion to price shop for a new Toto. Keep in mind a couple of things. Buy a toilet on line is risky because of breakage in shipping. Second, Totos are usually not sold at MSRP. And finally, even if a plumbing shop does not stock Toto, they can order one. Yes, you spend well over $50, but you'll have a top quality toilet that will serve well for many years.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks