Will Navien communicate with homeowner?

Users who are viewing this thread

skayser10

Reaction score
Recently purchased a small patio home (1200sq ft) in central MN. Radiant floor heat and DHW supplied by a HCB 180 E Navien combi boiler. Have read manuals several times trying to understand unit operation and control parameters. Believe I have the basics on both but several issues have me questioning if all is well with the unit. Have read several places Navien is reluctant to speak directly to homeowners about potential issues. I’d prefer to start there before tapping the forum for more insight. Thanks, I’m a newbie here

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Navien still does not want to talk to homeowners.
The reasons are understandable and based on homeowners take too much time and don't have testing equipment nor training. This, from someone who has been trained at various field trainings from most tankless mfrs. who will talk to homeowners.
It is a real shame.
I am not trained on the combis

skayser10

Reaction score
Thanks Breplum. Yeah I get Navien’s reasoning.
This HCB180E was installed the winter of 2017 and may be nearing its life span?? Hope not but who knows.
I think I remember reading somewhere that this unit model would not accept the addition of the ORC sensor although the manual refers to it. Maybe you have some insight and would it be worth the minor investment and would an average homeowner be able to install without calling a service tech??

Thanks again

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks