Will a Toto Vivian faucet work on this sink?

Users who are viewing this thread

Slamdunk

Reaction score
I have a cast iron sink identical to this one. I am curious of the center hole diameter. On the top side, it is a brass fitting to chain a drain plug to. Would it be the same size as the faucet holes? I want to replace worn out faucet with a Toto Vivian center spout. Thanks for any thoughts.

s-l1600.jpg

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Any 8" widespread faucet will work so long as the hole in the center is 1-1/4 - 1-3/8" diameter. That looks like a cast iron sink, which a diligent and skilled craftsman could drill a proper sized faucet hole.

If and IF necessary, ifI were to drill the hole for the customer it would be with the understanding that I would be making an attempt to drill the hole with no guarantee of success. Slow and steady drilling with a diamond bit is the way to go.. and I would recommend the smallest diameter hole that the faucet spout will allow.

Slamdunk

Reaction score
Any 8" widespread faucet will work so long as the hole in the center is 1-1/4 - 1-3/8" diameter. That looks like a cast iron sink, which a diligent and skilled craftsman could drill a proper sized faucet hole.

If and IF necessary, ifI were to drill the hole for the customer it would be with the understanding that I would be making an attempt to drill the hole with no guarantee of success. Slow and steady drilling with a diamond bit is the way to go.. and I would recommend the smallest diameter hole that the faucet spout will allow.

It's my sink so saying " no guarantee " to the Mrs is futile! I broke down and removed the thing ( 90 years of rust and soap scum- what a mess). The hole is 1-1/8". Needs to be 1-3/8" so I will enlarge with a hole saw using an inverted 1-1/8" hole saw as a pilot.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Are all the holes 1-1/8 or just the center hole? Spouts usually don't need as large an opening as the valves do. Lets look at the specific model of Vivian that you're intending to install and see if 1-1/8th will work. Even if you have to lose the pop up rod, and use a push/pull or clicker drain, I'd rather go that route than drill cast iron.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
OH... looked at the parts breakdown and those widespread use a shaft to protect the tubes as they go through the sink. All my Toto faucets on the display wall have those parts removed so I can't measure the actual piece.

Slamdunk

Reaction score
It was very easy to open the hole 1/4" with a carbide hole saw using an inverted hole saw as a pilot. Ten minutes.

before and after.
183C8F88-94ED-422A-BAC1-59158AC41190.jpeg
D3A6C946-1F24-4A91-B512-6D8406F55A7A.jpeg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks