Wet vent/DWV plan

Users who are viewing this thread

gsutt

Reaction score
Good morning,
I'm a long time lurker, first time poster. I've spent hours searching and reading this site in an attempt to not ask any stupid questions. I've come up with the attached plan for my master bathroom. Any and all input is appreciated. Thanks!
masterplumb.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    45.2 KB · Views: 87

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
Hello,

Your basic layout is sound. Looks like Ohio is on the IPC. Some comments:

1) On drains, 90s from a) vertical to horizontal or b) horizontal to horizontal need to be long sweep. From horizontal to vertical can be medium sweep. And the toilet can use a closet bend, which I think is even tigher than a medium sweep, but more sweep is fine.

2) On the double lav I think you want the double fixture fitting rather than the double san-tee. Having a cleanout below the double fitting is a good idea, as it can be hard when snaking from the sink to come out the bottom, rather than crossing to the other side.

3) The pipe size between the bathtub wye and the toilet wye needs to be increased to 3". That's because it's a wet vent and it's carrying the discharge of the 2 lavatories (1 DFU each), the shower (2 DFUs) and the bath tub (2 DFUs), for a total of 6 DFUs. A 2" horizontal wet vent is only allowed up to 4 DFUs.

4) Your main drain could be 3" but I imagine you have an existing 4" you're tying into.

5) Oh, and if your shower has multiple shower heads that can put out more than 5.7 gpm, then it counts as 3 or more DFUs, so the drain between the shower and the bathtub would also need to be 3".

Cheers, Wayne