Water service, full repipe, bathroom addition, and gas tankless water heater installation ISSUES

Users who are viewing this thread

Loco Speedy

Reaction score
I have a job where i did a water service using 1" copper from meter to home, then converting to 3/4" PEX and 1/2" for the branch lines inside the crawlspace, roughed in rerouted kitchen drain and 1/2 bathroom, and installed a Noritz gas tankless water heater outside (far away from gas meter per customer request).

I piggybacked off a junction box in the crawl space using 1 black, 1 white, and 1 ground wire to power a 20 amp GFCI outlet box with weatherproof covering. The gas tankless is hooked up to this outlet.

First thing i noticed is extremely low water pressure in shower. It was fine before i began my work, and i replaced both cartridges already (2 handle shower and tub).

Secondly, after a rain storm, the lights in the home started to flicker, which then led to the entire electricity powering off for a period of time.

Lastly, the hot water in the shower turns cold after customer runs it for 5 mimutes.

Tankless water heater requires 120 VAC. there are so many variables that could be the problem. Please share some insight. My first gas tankless install.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
The water heater (any water heater) should be on its own electrical circuit.

How mitch pipe has been added? Are you sure you didn't leave a valve partially closed?

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Does the particular 3/4 CSST that you installed provide 199kbtu at the distance you installed? Not all CSST are built the same. Some have high friction.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks