Water Hammer Issue

Users who are viewing this thread

rockncountry101

Reaction score
OK. Here goes. I have a new manufactured home. (About a year old now.) Since day one I've had an issue with water hammer. It's a unique problem. In both bathrooms when I turn off the sink, shower or when the toilet finishes filling up I hear water hammer behind the shower stall ONLY. This is in both bathrooms. I have lowered the pressure down to around 60 and still had the same problem. The only other place I hear it in the whole house is right where the main line comes into the water heater adjacent to the washer hookups. I am stumped. Thanks for any help.

Reach4

Reaction score
I hear water hammer behind the shower stall ONLY.
Water hammer is a single bang when you turn off water. Is that what you have?

For the bathroom sink, you can turn off the water slowly. So no water hammer expected. Since you mentioned that one, I wonder if you are hearing something else.

Last edited:

rockncountry101

Reaction score
Water hammer is a single bank when you turn off water. Is that what you have?

For the bathroom sink, you can turn off the water slowly. So no water hammer expected. Since you mentioned that one, I wonder if you are hearing something else.

Yep, just a single bang and that's it. If I turn my water off slowly I don't hear it. However, that's not possible with the toilet. It's interesting to me because I know someone else that has a completely different manufactured home but the same low pressure energy-efficient faucet and both houses do this in the exact same areas. When I say low pressure faucet I mean that I can't turn it on and have it just GUSH out like on older houses. It's almost like the faucets control the amount of water that comes out. I'm at a loss.

Reach4

Reaction score
It may be that if you could secure the pipes under the shower, the sound would go down. I am not a plumber.

It's interesting to me because I know someone else that has a completely different manufactured home but the same low pressure energy-efficient faucet and both houses do this in the exact same areas. When I say low pressure faucet I mean that I can't turn it on and have it just GUSH out like on older houses.
The aerator might limit your flow on the lavatory faucet. If you unscrew the aerator, and get better flow, you might consider changing or modifying the aerator.

For the toilet, if you partially close the stop valve, that may reduce the noise.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks