Washing Machine P-trap Help

Users who are viewing this thread

Scottsuperman

Reaction score
Hello
New construction and having problem with washing machine P-trap losing its seal when washer drains? Any suggestions on what changes need to be made to correct the issue from the attached picture?
Thank you in advance!!
Scott

Scottsuperman

Reaction score
Hello
New construction and having problem with washing machine P-trap losing its seal when washer drains? Any suggestions on what changes need to be made to correct the issue from the attached picture?
Thank you in advance!!
Scott
IMG_7221.jpeg

Reach4

Reaction score
By seal, I presume that you mean the "water seal", which blocks smells.
There should be an AAV at the top of the right-hand pipe.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Your standpipe should be between 18 and 24" long. Then you need a vent on the right.

Reach4

Reaction score
IPC allows longer standpipes --up to 42, and AAVs.

I am not sure that is not an AAV atop the tall pipe.

Scott, is your symptom a smell?

Scottsuperman

Reaction score
Hello All
Thank you for your responses. That is an AAV on right. The issue I was having was sewer smell coming back through the washer drain. Turns out my problem was a faulty Sluter vent straight out of the box. Swapped with another and the problem disappeared.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks