Vertical Drain lines for new bathroom?

Users who are viewing this thread

costarica

Reaction score
I have spent weeks researching this topic and even now at a stand still, not sure why I couldn't do this.

I have a very small kitchen, only 8' x 12' and the bathroom I want to add is directly above this tiny kitchen. the issues are compounded by the fact that the floor joists are 2" x 6" and must be sistered to allow for the bathroom above. Additionally these joist do not run in the direction of desired travel for and drain lines.

Almost everyone has suggested a soffit, with needed plumbing hidden inside. with our tiny kitchen in mind I would like to avoid this at all cost. My solution is to run vertical drain lines sized to each fixtures needs and run them down the kitchen wall into the kitchen floor (basement ceiling) and tie them into a 3" branch line that would connect to a 4" main stack with no other connections above it or below it without it's own independent vent. I would then have a shower/tub, two sink bath vanity, and toilet from the 2nd floor (bath addition) and a newly installed double kitchen sink with disposer from the first floor kitchen. Each fixture would be vented independently and would tie together in the attic space through a 4" inch vent through the roof.

What are the thoughts of this?

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Coming from a vertical waste stack into a horizontal branch should be done with a wye and 1/8th bend fittings or combo tee-wye fittings. Given that the horizontal branch has proper pitch, turning the wye to any angle above the centerline is correct.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks