Venturi injector and flow switch relay

Users who are viewing this thread

Hydrocynus

Reaction score
Hello,

I am failing to get my ozone injector to work and I am not sure why. I want to inject ozone to my 1" input line to my main well filter as water is being drawn in. For this, I have ordered a 3/4" ozone injector which is vertically mounted with the flow going up against gravity. My bridge has two ball mount valves to isolate the system if wanted. The 1" pipe has a ball valve as well. On the 1" pipe, I also have a 1 1/4" T connector to which a paddle switch is mounted. The paddle switch gets to a relay which triggers a JED ozone maker. The electronic part works fine.

The issue is that I do not get any air drawn into the 3/4 pipe no matter how much or little flow I divert to it. I might be doing it wrong but even when I depress the check vavle of the venturi valve, I only get flow going out and no air being drawn in. So, the PSI might be too high to allow any air being drawn into the the venturi injector.

My other issue is to trigger the ozone maker. The paddle I bought was not sensitive enough to trigger the ozone maker with one faucet in the house being opened. I modified the paddle by making it longer and slighlty wider but then, the switch would just trigger and then stop, or stay on.

So, I would like to know what kind of venturi valve I need to buy and also what flow switch to buy to make my system work.

On antother level, I assume that I could piggy back onto the ozone maker tubing to ozone draw into the top of the filter (air drawn design with a air pocket sitting on top that is replenished every night during the back flushing).

Thanks for your help!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks