Venting Question Mobile Home Doublewide

Users who are viewing this thread

Lordrobot

Reaction score
I have a 60 x 26 ft mobile home with three roof vents. Anyone familiar with MHs knows what these vents do... THEY LEAK LOL at the roof. We are doing a metal roof over and I am interested in venting through the end walls. Essentially there are three vents. Two connect to the Master Bath and toilet 1.5 pipe at one end of the MH and One plumbing vent pipe connects to the guest bath and toilet a the other end of the MH. Sinks have Air Admittance Vents.

What I am interested in doing is venting out the end walls and up over the roofline as expected. Two of the vents are about 6 ft apart and I wanted to join them and vent out the end wall and up. The guest bath is about 14 ft from the end wall in the "attic space", hardly an attic.

I was chiefly concerned about joining the master bath vent pipes since they were 1.5 inches into a 1.5-inch vent out the end wall. I suppose I could increase the diameter of the exit pipe, though I would prefer a 1.5" exit pipe. Of course when joining the two vents in the attic, I would keep a 1/8" rise per foot and no 90-degree connections.

Why do I want to do this... For me a rhetorical question but I want no fixtures penetrating the metal roof, including plumbing vents and air vents. With the metal roof, we have a roof cap air vent which is simply superior to the LEAK O RAMA air vents presently in place, well at least for a few more days. The plumbing vents are an endless source of boot failures.

Thanks for any opinions in advance,

Last edited:

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
regional problem i guess We dont get much rain, Those rubber boots might be better than a standard roof flashing but Ive never had a leak around my vents here. Ive never plumbed a home with zero roof penetrations. kinda like a car with no tires because they wear out. dosent everywhere run vents out roof?. I could understand your frustration maybe find a good local roofer to consult

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks