Urgent help please locating this valve (?)

Users who are viewing this thread

sammy8230

Reaction score
hi guys My name is Samantha and I am in urgent need of help locating a replacement or even the model or type of valve this is please?
p1.png
p1.png
p2.png
p3.png
p4.png
p5.png

Attachments

• p4.pdf
    150.8 KB · Views: 20

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Local water works supply. or call your water company if they wont help they can steer you to a local supplier. I havent saeen everything but generally that valve is on the provider side and is pretty much hands off for us mortals I suppose there could be curb angle stop on both sides but I cant remember seeing one on customer side.

TJRAD

Reaction score
I agree with Jeff.... the inlet side of the water meter which I believe is the shut off valve in your picture belongs to the city and they need to be the ones to fix/replace...after the meter is your responsibility . Call your water department to tell them "you have a significant leak on their side of the meter".
Good luck.

Bannerman

Reaction score
The curb meter connection utilizes a meter nut, but not certain if the bottom connection is FIP or a flare connection.

Agree that valve should be your municipal water supplier's responsibility.

Link below shows Ford Meter Box catalogue for curb stops and meter valves.

Ford Meter Box

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
As eluded to above and if that is the water shut off for your meter supplied from the city water main, you won't be able to shut off the water to that valve in order to replace it. But if you're buying one

Based on the link that Bannerman provided I was able to find that online at Ferguson.

1712694736076.png

Bannerman

Reaction score
Tuttles, Samantha's 3rd image shows a SS machine screw below the bottom nut, clamping around the bottom tube. The visible pipe threads also seem to be finer than NPT, while also appearing to make the bottom connection on the valve as Male, which lead me to suspect it might possibly be a flare connection.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Tuttles, Samantha's 3rd image shows a machine screw below the bottom nut, clamping around the bottom tube. The visible threads also seem to be finer than NPT, while also appearing to make the bottom connection on the valve as Male, which lead me to suspect it might possibly be a flare connection.
Good catch. That actually looks like a ford compression joint. We see them where they connect from the city copper pigtail to the house galvanized since it can seal on mishapen pipe.