Toto toilet noisy after house repipe

Users who are viewing this thread

Rsmith99

Reaction score
I have a Toto Gwyneth toilet that makes noise, and vibrates at the end of the fill.
It has the tsu99a.x fill valve. Last week I replaced all the internal parts of the fill valve with new spare parts. That fixed the problem for about a week. But now the noise and vibration are back.

This all started after the house was repiped with PEX. Replacing old poly.

Do I have a change in volume, or pressure, causing the problem?

Reach4

Reaction score
I believe they said it was 80. I assume that’s what’s it’s was before.
You can get a garden hose thread pressure gauge for under $20, and often under $10. This can go on an outside hose spigot, a laundry tap, or the drain for the water heater.

Rsmith99

Reaction score
You can get a garden hose thread pressure gauge for under $20, and often under $10. This can go on an outside hose spigot, a laundry tap, or the drain for the water heater.
So what should it be? And how would I reduce it if it is too high?

Reach4

Reaction score
So what should it be? And how would I reduce it if it is too high?

To reduce it, you would put in a pressure reducing valve (PRV) and probably a thermal expansion tank.

As to what it should be, the pressure should be below 80. But find out what it is.

You may be able to work around the problem by partially closing the stop valve that feeds the toilet.

Another workaround would be to try a different fill valve.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The Korky fill valves tend to be quieter than many others, but none of them really like water pressure >80psi, and if present, the seals will wear out faster and tend to eventually leak sooner than if the pressure is within spec.

Now, if you'd had some galvanized water lines and replaced them, your dynamic pressure might improve, possibly a lot, but going from poly to pex, probably not. People confuse volume with pressure...often, what you want is adequate volume, but you need pressure to get it there, so both are important.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks