Toto - single v. dual flush

Users who are viewing this thread

Finman

Reaction score
What a wonderful site! Thanks, Terry! I was here 15 years ago during a major remodel, and now I'm back, in a new house.

After spending many hours here at that time, I chose a couple of Ultramax's w/ CEFIONTECT (or maybe they were Ultra II's?), which were great. Also put an Aquia (which at the time did not have SG; maybe an Aquia I, as this was 2005) in the guest bath. Although it felt great to save water, I was not as impressed with it for a couple of reasons: fairly frequent skid marks if the bombardier didn't hit the (pretty small) water spot, and (perhaps due to installation issues), the seat would often not stay up unless you positioned it just right, and very gently.

So now I am looking to replace a toilet in our new (40 year old) house. Initially it will be installed in the master bath to replace a calcified, leaking, noisy monster, but within a few months it will be relocated to the first floor guest bath, as we will be remodeling the master bath, relocating the toilet, and probably installing a skirted model with a Washlet (happy wife, happy life). Because of that, I am ruling out any skirted models for this first toilet, since I do not want to pay extra for the installation of a toilet that will be relocated soon.

I have again spent a number of hours here recently, and based on what I've learned, and my past experience, I'm leaning toward either an Ultramax II or a Drake II. While their attributes have been discussed extensively here, I have not seen much discussion of the dual flush Ultra or Drake models. Does the "#2" performance suffer significantly from the single flush models on these? Ideally, it would be nice to have a dual flush model when its relocated to the guest bath, since daytime use and visitors (remember them?) tend to result in a lot more "#1" action in that bath.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I installed a new drake in the garage back in March which became my office during the beginning of pandemic.. I purposefully only used the light flush for every flush to see how well it worked and its worked great. I won an office bet that the dual flush low flush wouldn't be powerful enough to clear the bowl.

Finman

Reaction score
I installed a new drake in the garage back in March which became my office during the beginning of pandemic.. I purposefully only used the light flush for every flush to see how well it worked and its worked great. I won an office bet that the dual flush low flush wouldn't be powerful enough to clear the bowl.

Good to know. I went ahead and got an Ultramax II 1G, which works quite well, although contrary to what I'd read here, it does not appear possible to increase the amount of water coming in by holding down the lever. Fortunately I have not yet encountered a situation where that is necessary.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks