Toto Aquia Defective or Plumber No Good?

Users who are viewing this thread

JaniceC

Reaction score
(To Mike50: Pit bulls rule! We've got a rather neurotic one, too: she adores her four cats, but despises just about any other dog. Am very glad she's not of the hole-digging persuasion.)

As for the Aquia trickle sound, PHEW!! I'm glad that's a normal thing.

Our beautiful Aquia was installed ON Thanksgiving MORNING, by the father (a plumber) of the young fellow who's renovating our bathroom. The trickle sound made me wonder if they overlooked something in their rush to finish--but since I couldn't find any signs of leaking, I wasn't too worried.

NOw all we need is a vanity, sink, countertop and shower glass, and the bathroom will be finished.

Janice

PS The Aquia has become a key stop on the house tour for first-time visitors. Do I need to Get A Life, or what?!!??

Complete Instructions for the Aquia written by Jamie

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike50

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
JaniceC said:
To Mike50: Pit bulls rule! We've got a rather neurotic one, too: she adores her four cats, but despises just about any other dog. Am very glad she's not of the hole-digging persuasion.)

As for the Aquia trickle sound, PHEW!! I'm glad that's a normal thing.

Our beautiful Aquia was installed ON Thanksgiving MORNING, by the father (a plumber) of the young fellow who's renovating our bathroom. The trickle sound made me wonder if they overlooked something in their rush to finish--but since I couldn't find any signs of leaking, I wasn't too worried.

NOw all we need is a vanity, sink, countertop and shower glass, and the bathroom will be finished.

Janice

Yep. Showed mine to an electrician last week. Showed him the features and after about 1 minute of thought, he said "Im sold-Im getting one".

Aquia will get popular by word of mouth. I doubt Plumbers will help spread the word--it's simply more difficult to install. So why would they..?

I'm pretty much an Aquia evangelist.
It's a major leap forward in appliance design and engineering.

It will take at least a few years before the public really "gets it" or longer.
You aren't just talking about selling an easy to clean skirted toilet. It involves Changing personal behaviour.

FWIW Look at Kohler's Escale vanities and self rimming sinks. Very asian-minimal design like Aquia toilet.

Last edited:

JaniceC

Reaction score
I'm an evangelist, too.
What with the drought that's facing much of the US (but is hardly making ripples in the newspapers: why cause panic? why ask people to change their water use habits before there's a crisis?), buying a dual-flush toilet is a no-brainer.

But: this is America we're talking about. Even though the rest of the world (Europe and Japan, and Thailand at least) has used dual flush for years, Americans will decline to change until the water shortage gun is pointed at their collective heads. :mad:

And don't get me started on the metric system....!!!

(rant over ;-):rolleyes:

Janice

Mike50

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
yea. Preaching to the choir.
It's not rocket science to know that 9/10 of a gallon of water is more than enough to flush away a cup of urine. No-Brainer..indeed.

Last edited:

TPA

Reaction score
Sanding?

Is it still necessary to sand the inside of the tanks? I'm about to have my Aquias installed next week by a plumber, mainly b/c the supply valves are DIRECTLY BEHIND the flange, great planning by the original builder. Otherwise, i would have replaced 'em myself.... actually looking forward to giving them a test drive.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
If you do sand them and it didn't need to be you waisted maybe 60 seconds. If you don't and it leaks it will cost you a lot more than 60 seconds.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks