Toilet vent

Users who are viewing this thread

Dawn Moody

Reaction score
Help!!! I had some mold between the toilet and shower ( very close together) I thought I had a leak in the shower/ tub plumbing. Today we tore out the bathtub and surround and sheetrock looking for leak. After continuous demolition we found mold on the wood surrounding the toilet vent at ceiling level. That was the only place in the wall we see mold. the 2x4s that touched the PVC vent pipe were rotting but the roof decking shows no sign of damage. Whats my next step please?

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
leak at roof possibly the flashing thats a shame tearing out the tub. dont tear roof off yet try taking a hose to it

Dawn Moody

Reaction score
Thank you but there is no water coming in from the roof. we spent some time in the attic and even went up on the roof to be sure the pipe is intact and open.We have cut away all the rotten wood and sheetrock and the hubs is ready to replace it and tile things. I am afraid the problem will just come back. After looking closer it appears that the wood was not wet or moldy but just rotten. We found no moisture or wetness on the 2X4s but there was some mold on the sheetrock on the ceiling. I am lost as to where it came from

Dawn Moody

Reaction score
Oh my Gosh Guys !!!! it is pouring rain and my Hubs found the smallest little leak. It is a trickle at the roof that is running down the pipe. It is so small. Now we can fix it and move on! Thanks for your help :)

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Oh my Gosh Guys !!!! it is pouring rain and my Hubs found the smallest little leak. It is a trickle at the roof that is running down the pipe. It is so small. Now we can fix it and move on! Thanks for your help :)

Good news is dawns getting a new tub and fresh paint! sorry about the expence

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks