Texas storm - help with Navien 240A

Discussion in 'Tankless Water Heater Forum' started by J Mac, Feb 22, 2021.

1. J Mac

J Mac New Member

So, just one of many people that are having issues with their water heater post-TX storm apocolypse...

We had a leak from the buffer tank adapter - found a new one and replaced that. Now, when we turn back on water, we are getting a constant stream of water through the condensate discharge.

Our unit is outside - no piping to condensate. Is there another o-ring or piece that might be causing this water to pour out?

2. PlumbNuts

PlumbNuts SC Licensed Plumbing Contractor

Owner, Plumbing Repair Service
    Check around the flow sensor and make sure it is not leaking, double check you heat exchangers and make sure they didn't rupture.
    Something else inside that unit did not like the ice, just check it thoroughly.

fitter30 likes this.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

fitter30 likes this.
  4. FDNY/RETIRED

FDNY/RETIRED New Member

Retired Lt FDNY/EMS
    I am actually trying to help some friends with Rinnai water heaters in Texas that texted me, and told me what their problems are. Told them to join the site. One guy said he was lucky and got a neighbor who is a plumber to look at his unit. His heat Exchanger is toast, and also has a broken pipe in the house. At least the weather is back to normal around there from what I am told. I feel for you guys, since I went through Sandy and still dealing with that aftermath. He still has no electricity is using a generator.

5. breplum

breplum Member

Plumbing and heating contractor
    I replaced a NPE flow sensor and had that same big flow through condensate when I put the new one in.
    Like PlumbNuts recommended, I was instructed by factory tech to pull and double check the o-ring and be careful when putting back together.