Star Powerflush Optima - convert to Saniflo?

Users who are viewing this thread

TequilaMB

Reaction score
We have a basement bathroom with the Star Powerflush Optima water system toilet & tank. The tank and pump also serve a tub and sink. The first tank we had failed after just over a year, and we replaced it with a new tank. Now, we're seeing warning signs of impending failure again. We're not convinced that another Star system is the way to go. But we're not sure if we can simply replace the Star macerating pump with another brand with a better track record, such as Saniflo. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
From my experience the inlets for the sink and shower are just normal pipe sized rubber boots. The toilet port is the one that I would measure 3x to make sure they're compatible. I have no experience with the star and only installed a couple of the complete saniflow pumps over 10yrs ago.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks