Stand pipe in crawl space for water softener drainage

Users who are viewing this thread

ConductorJ

Reaction score
Hello all,

I recently installed a water softener in a crawl space which I ran a 25' 1/2 pex drainage line. This drain line goes up to the first floor washer stand pipe with an air gap. Unfortunately, it is not draining the brine tank completely on a recharge. According to the manual and manufacturer I'm pushing the acceptable drainage run and need to shorten the run. There is no laundry room sink or floor drain I can run the line to and have not interest directly draining outside.

My plan now is to cut into a 1-1/2 horizontal drain line in the crawl space and install a wye and 45 elbow with an AAV (4" or more high). Off of that a sanitary tee to a p-trap to an 18" stand pipe with an air gap. Would this be an acceptable solution? If so, does it matter where the p-trap comes off of the vertical pipe with the AAV (either side or front/back)? I'm also trying to determine where to splice it into the horizontal drain line? This drain line comes from the kitchen sink. I'm planning to support it on both ends of the wye with plastic hanger straps.

I found someone else's drawing online that pretty much shows what I'm suggesting. I've also attached a picture of the drain line I'm looking at slicing into. Appreciate any feedback and/or advice on this.

Thanks

plumbing.png

crawl space.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks