Smelly Vanity Cold Water

Users who are viewing this thread

Winger27

Reaction score
I am having a problem with my cold water in my vanity, it has a sewer smell. It is definitely only the cold water line at only this sink, all others (shower, kitchen sink, toilet) are good with no smell. I have pex lines throughout the house. I replaced the flex line that goes to the faucet because it was looped thinking that was the problem, it seems better but not completely gone. What else can I do? Thanks

Reach4

Reaction score
You could sanitize the pipe path.

City water or well?

Winger27

Reaction score
It is well water. The pex lines are all newer lines, all other sources have no smell. New water tank, no smell from hot water

Winger27

Reaction score
I have a shallow dug well, had the water tested and has good quality. I will take about a cup of water from the cold vanity side and walk away with it and it still smells. If it runs for about 15 sec. it clears up, but initial flow stinks like sewer

Reach4

Reaction score
I have a shallow dug well, had the water tested and has good quality. I will take about a cup of water from the cold vanity side and walk away with it and it still smells. If it runs for about 15 sec. it clears up, but initial flow stinks like sewer
I suggest you sanitize while the weather is not too cold.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks