Slow draining bathtub

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Cole2944, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Cole2944

Cole2944 New Member

se just moved in a month ago. The bathtub drained fine for the first 2 weeks and now it’s like a bath whenever we shower because it’s draining so slowly. I’m sure it’s hair, we have 4 daughters. We have tried draino, vinegar and baking soda, enzymes, and lastly a 15 foot snake. Nothing has worked. Any suggestions before we have to call a plumber?

2. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

Unscrew the overflow, and pull the linkage out. Remove hair.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Cole2944

Cole2944 New Member

We pulled that out when we snaked the drain. There was nothing. I think the clog is pretty deep as the drain runs for a minute or two until it starts to backup.

5. Cole2944

Cole2944 New Member

We did that when we snaked the drain and nothing came out. I think the clog is deeper than that as the drain will work for a few minutes before it starts backing up.

6. MKS

MKS Member

Did you try to remove hair from the drain in the tub? I use a piece solid copper wire with a tight hook on the end.

7. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

No. If you don't have a plumber identified, look for one who promotes indoor drain cleaning.

It could have mattered whether the bathroom was on the second floor, the 9th floor, over the basement, crawlspace, or slab, but your plumber will figure that out.