Slow drainage

Users who are viewing this thread

Chase Jones

Reaction score
Hello. I have a small sink that i am having an issue with draining.
The previous plumbing was not well done so i re-plumbed my drain line to the main sewer line.
Originally told that the original P trap was not plumbed correctly i replaced it. But yet i am still getting very poor drainage.
I have ran a snake the best i could through the sewer line ( i dont get very far due to a T im unable to turn my snake through)
Any suggestions would be wonderful.
I will post photos one photo being my fixing the other of the old plumbing.

Attachments

• 20200728_144507.jpg
    20200728_144507.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 92
  • 20200728_130526.jpg
    20200728_130526.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 93

Reach4

Reaction score
What are your symptoms? If you run water until the water in the sink bowl rises to the overflow, how long does it take for the water to recede below the stopper?

If you pour water from a five gallon bucket into the bowl after not using that sink for many hours, how much water does it take for the water to back up? You can measure the water depth after you pour, plus the height of the bucket. With that info, you can get close enough for a measurement of how much water that took.

Chase Jones

Reaction score
What are your symptoms? If you run water until the water in the sink bowl rises to the overflow, how long does it take for the water to recede below the stopper?

If you pour water from a five gallon bucket into the bowl after not using that sink for many hours, how much water does it take for the water to back up? You can measure the water depth after you pour, plus the height of the bucket. With that info, you can get close enough for a measurement of how much water that took.

Thanks for the reply. There is no over flow. But i will do a timed test on the water and the measurent when it starts to back up

Chase Jones

Reaction score
So this is from about an hour ago that i first tested the drain after repairs. I also did a dye test to look for an active flow which there is no flow at this point. Before the water goes over the drain basen it would drain but if it goes beyond that theres no drainage

Attachments

• 20200728_160427.jpg
    20200728_160427.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 107

Reach4

Reaction score
So this is from about an hour ago that i first tested the drain after repairs. I also did a dye test to look for an active flow which there is no flow at this point. Before the water goes over the drain basen it would drain but if it goes beyond that theres no drainage
Are you saying that if you fill the bowl higher, it will drain -- but only down to the point where there is 3 inches of standing water?

Chase Jones

Reaction score
Are you saying that if you fill the bowl higher, it will drain -- but only down to the point where there is 3 inches of standing water?

Sorry no. The sink drains better when there is less than 1/4in of water beyond that it seems to stop draining

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks