Shower Shut-off Valve

Users who are viewing this thread

kellmic5

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to figure out what to call a specific type of shower shut-off valve. This is simply an on/off valve that comes after the mixing valve to control whether the water comes out of the shower head or tub fill. In my case, I'm going to use two, one for a rain head, and one for a regular shower head. For the life of me, I cannot find anywhere that sells just an on off valve. I'm thinking I'm searching the wrong keyword. If anyone has suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
From your description in thinking your talking about a diverter. But I'm not sure how you'd use two. There are diverters that have multiple functions to steer the water to which head or spout you wish to use.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
There are 2 types of valves used for what you're doing and both won't work for every situation.

If you're installing a pressure balanced shower valve VS a thermostatic shower valve makes the difference.

You can NOT install a shut off valve after a pressure balanced valve, you must install a diverter / transfer valve with NO off position. Crossover occurs if you shut off a PB after the valve.

If you're installing a Thermostatic valve you must install a Volume Control or series of Volume control valves since the Thermostatic usually only controls the temperature and not the volume or On/Off.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks