Septic Tanks Broken septic tank inlet tee

Users who are viewing this thread

Alan Waterman

Reaction score
Had a septic service come out and pump my tank today so I could inspect. No issues except that the guy that pumped it broke the inlet tee. The old tee extends 16 inches below the water line and the one they put on there to replace it is just a rubber tee with a steel bands to tighten it around the broken PVC inlet. It only extends about 4" below the water line which isn't even all the way through a normal 6" scum layer.

I'm thinking this is really not ideal. First, the worm gear metal bands seem like they'd rust all the way through. Secondly, the length extending below the scum layer seems like it must have been that length for a reason. The owner of the company claims one they put on there is better and that the poop won't go so deep now before it rises to the scum layer.

I'm super skeptical and don't believe this is correct.

Attachments

• Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 74
  • Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    198.6 KB · Views: 75

Alan Waterman

Reaction score
The clamp wasn't even tightened. They just shoved it over the broken end. I reached in and it just slipped right off. I think I'm going to have to climb inside to saw it off, add a coupler to extend it back out to where it was and then a new 4 inch drain tee. Found the SDR tee and coupler but will have to buy a 10 foot length of 4" SDR 35 just to use a few inches of it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks