Rinnai Recirc Loop Temp?

Users who are viewing this thread

kevinvinv

Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone has good solid data on the temperature to expect in a Rinnai recircl loop. I am looking at an RE199i and want to find out if the temp when recirculating is as hot as the actual hot water when running full. Any thoughts>

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Why bother with non-condensing, non pump tankless when you can get Navien condensing 97% AFUE, with a pump and all the settings to make it work the way anyone would want. Noritz also has similar with built in pump.

kevinvinv

Reaction score
I am not opposed to Navien but I already have an old Rinnai... the one I mentioned has a recirc pump built in. I dont have a drain near by so I dont want condensing. I can get a straight answer from Navien on their recirc tank and the temp of the water in that tank either... so any insights are welcome!

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
We normally just increase the water temp setting five or ten degrees above the ‘normal’ default 125.
The mini-tank just buffers/premixes. I’ve not taken the time to play with the A2 series, we certainly could adjust the parameters for incoming differential on the A series, but simply boosting output temp had any complaints extinguished in most cases in the past.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks