RHEEM GAS WATER HEATER

Users who are viewing this thread

BEAU CARLSON

Reaction score
I HAVE A RHEEM GAS WATER HEATER.
THE PILOT LIGHT IS ON AND THE BURNER IS ON BUT THERE IS NO HOT WATER.
THE FLOW WHEN TURNING ON ANY OF THE HOT WATER FAUCETS IS FINE, JUST NO HOT WATER?
THE TANK IS 3 YEARS OLD, THERE IS NO SEDIMENT BUILD UP.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
When you run a sink does the piping get hot?

Do you have a recirculation system?

BEAU CARLSON

Reaction score
When you run a sink does the piping get hot?

Do you have a recirculation system?
I don't have a recirculation system. I have great flow out of any of the hot faucets. the water is luke warm. The pilot and burner are on yet it's not heating up the water. No broken pipes, no frozen pipes. Great flow out of both the cold and hot faucets.

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
If John's obvious point isn't the problem (maybe someone messed with the temperature setting), it's either the aquastat or the gas valve, probably the aquastat where the pilot's lit....which usually requires removing/replacing the gas valve anyway.

Where it's only 3 years old, you're likely covered for the cost of material, I strongly suggest not DIYing this.

BEAU CARLSON

Reaction score
If John's obvious point isn't the problem (maybe someone messed with the temperature setting), it's either the aquastat or the gas valve, probably the aquastat where the pilot's lit....which usually requires removing/replacing the gas valve anyway.

Where it's only 3 years old, you're likely covered for the cost of material, I strongly suggest not DIYing this.
i've turned it all the way up. We've had a cold spell (- 22 f) maybe the propane isn't flowing properly (liquified)

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Can you see the flame lit inside when it runs? What does it look like? Orange-ish and inconsistent?or blue and consistent?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks