Reverse Osmosis Install

Users who are viewing this thread

Kies277

Reaction score
I got my water softener installed and it went beautifully. I had a lot of help programming it from the members on here. Now I did my RO system, and I am about to throw it out the window.

I have a Springsoft 5-stage RO, and I got it all hooked up. I know nothing about the operation of these things, so diagnosing is very difficult. Basically, the water trickles drop by drop into my tank and sprays heavily into the drain. Even when I close the tank, it flows down the drain and does not shut off. After about 6 hours, I had 2.5 gallons in my tank.

I checked the pressure in my tank and it is at about 7 psi. I took apart the ASO valve and everything looked good in there. When I blow in the "IN" valve of the high pressure side, it is pretty restricted but air does go through. The amount of water going into the drain vs into the tank seems a lot higher than 3:1 to me. I don't know what the heck is wrong with this thing. There is no way I can have it blowing that much water down the drain 24/7.

Thanks,
Doug

Reach4

Reaction score
What is your water pressure into the RO unit?
Does your RO unit have a permeate pump or an electric pump? A better unit that is more efficient will have a permeate pump. You may also need an electric booster pump if your feed water from your softener is not high enough pressure.

Kies277

Reaction score
It does not have a pump. The water just feeds into, through the filters, through the membrane, then a post filter, abd finally to the tank and drain, I am not sure what my water pressure is. It was restricted, thanks to a pebble from the softener install, but is good again now. It did the same thing with the low pressure and now high pressure.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks