Replacing cast iron and moving lines

Users who are viewing this thread

JonRVA

Reaction score
Hello everyone-

I'm currently working on redoing my basement and will be replacing the cast iron piping and moving everything inside the floor joists if posible, they are 2x10x16. I would like to move everything inside the joist spaces and I would appreciate any feed back on my layout design.
I bought this house 2 years ago and have been working on it on my own after my day job, I've spent a lot of time reading and learning about doing things properly. I completely replaced all the electrical (pulled permit) but haven't called for inspection yet. I will also have the plumbing inspected once I'm done.

This forum and others have been great with all the help given daily, I've been coming here over a year but just decided to become a member now that I have an idea of what I would like to do.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

I am under the IPC(Northern Virginia)

If I feel I'm way over my head I will hire a plumber, I'm refinishing the whole basement myself so funds are a bit limited as you can imagine.

This is the current plumbing from previous owners, no permits pulled for any of the work I discovered not done properly including the electrical.

Everything above the slab is currently exposed to the attic

This is what I have in mind

Hallway Bathroom

Basement Bathroom
\

Thank you for your time!

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
I didn't concentrate on your drawings, but generally speaking, you will have to follow notching and boring schedule when you will run pipes thru joists - very important for passing inspection.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks