Replace tub/shower faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

kscarter

Reaction score
I need to replace my current 2 knob tub/shower faucet with a new single handle faucet. I have seen one on TV that has a cover plate that covers the existing holes in the tile so no tile rework is needed. Now that I'm looking for it, I can't find it. Has anyone else seen this fixture and if so can you point me to it.

Thanks,
Kevin

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
I know Moen and Delta both have cover plates.
Delta is part #RP29827 and Moen #M1921.
If they make a generic one i don't know but i would guess someone does.
Jimbo says:
jimbo said:
Wall plates like that are readily available and any good plumbing supply. Around here, everyone calls them "Smitty Plates". Never knew the reason. The official name is probably "remodel plate". Anyway, it is available.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
cover

They are called "Smitty Plates" because that is who makes them, and good plumbing stores, and probably Home Depot or Lowes should also have them.

kscarter

Reaction score
Thanks for the update. I will look at Home Depot and Lowes for the plate. Do these plates work with most standard single handle shower/tub faucets

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks