Remodeling Bathroom looking for a 13.5 Inch wide Medicine Cabinet?

Users who are viewing this thread

1Newaygo

Reaction score
I did a google search for a 13.5 inch Wide Recessed or semi recessed Medicine Cabinet and When I look I get Results for 15, 16 and so on the Only ones that come up are Surfaced Mounted ? The wall opening is only 13.5 inches and the wall backups to the Kitchen so I can't move one of the 2X$ Studs to open it more and It is the Old ZX$ that are 1 5/5 inches not the now common 1.5 inch 2X4. I don't want to pull out and have to rework the kitchen wall just for what was a "Standard" Medicine Cabinet Size If it were a little tall I could move the top cross member but not the side 2x4's with out adding more rework. Why is no 13.5 wide Cabinet more readily Available. My Bathroom is Small 5x7 ft now a lot of room. All this just to replace the cast iron tub which means removing all the plaster walls, Tile in Shower, wood window in the shower and the tile floor. Just trying to update the bathroom as the house was built in the 1940's.
Any know who makes a 13.5 Wide Medicine Cabinet that will fit the width of my wall opening? Brand and Model and maybe where I can find and possible purchase one?
1Newaygo

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks