Recent Balcony Windows Enclosure Installed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Cracked

Reaction score
The 34 y/o, 25' of windows on my balcony have been long overdue for repair / replacement. If anyone knows or has seen what to expect from a complete replacement install, I'd appreciate any insight into todays materials, and install methods. Youtube hasn't been of any help, either. It may just be me, but it also seems much more time consuming today to find local contractors without the original form of yellow pages. Searching today is such a huge time eater with such little return. Getting back on topic.

The windows wall balcony appears to have been done back in the 80's and was intended to be used as additional heated square feet. I can't use the space that way as they are not sealed in any fashion and of course leak. I don't know how a former owner got away with removing the fall guard rail. The balcony / building is concrete so I don't know if or how flashing, butyl tape and backer rod would be applied. I sure am hoping the minimum standards have improved dramatically since the 80's install. To not have those and done well seems a continued useless space. I'll try again to find the relevant building codes next week.

Fingers Crossed.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks