re-porcelainizing OR how do I get my tub re enameled?

Users who are viewing this thread

thirsytchicken

Reaction score
I am doing some research on our options for our completely decrepid but totally cool and beautiful old claw footed cast iron tubs. There are three in varying states of disrepair. I have spoken to two different acrylic urythane sprayer people. Very different price quotes. But I read somewhere on line that there is a company in illinois who actually applies new enamel and then fires the finish at 1400 degrees. Of course I would rather do this, but I live in new orleans. And I tried to contact the company,but their firewall blocked my correspondence. BUMMER.

Do any of you all have any idea if there is a similar service on the gulf coast? I have been unable to locate anything.

If not, do any of you all have anyhting to say about such services as miracle method, and other acrylic urythane products?

Please let me know, they are awesome tubs....
Thanks a bunch, Janine

thirsytchicken

Reaction score
southern refinishing 708 barataria blvd. going to look today i will pass on my findings-J

Molo

Reaction score
Please let us know what you find out, I am always interested in techniques like this

Molo

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks