Radiator in the news. Lying news papers

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Sylvan, May 26, 2019.

1. Sylvan

Sylvan Still learning

plumbing - fire suppression - boiler inspector
  2. hj

hj Master Plumber

Plumber
    I though you were an "expert witness" in that case.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Sylvan

Sylvan Still learning

plumbing - fire suppression - boiler inspector
    I am and I said to the lawyer I am working for " It is not possible to have high pressure steam because the safety valve is set for 15 PSI and in most buildings we use less than 3 PSI and as low as 1/4PSI "

I think what did happen was the radiator valve was 1/2 way open which is wrong to do

A radiator valve should be fully open or fully closed to allow for condensate to drain back in a one pipe system

Because of trapped condensate there could have been hydraulic shock and the air vent was blown off BUT I personally don't think so

Some idiots remove the air vents to get the radiators hotter faster and once the steam starts spewing they panc