Question about 2nd story waste line

Users who are viewing this thread

dhuston

Reaction score
Plumber has been working on stackout and we have run into some problems. We have a second story bath with double sink and the plumber ran the drain line down through the wall behind them, but it runs directly into the ac chase for the 1st floor. When questioned he said that was the only way to run it and the HVAC should work around it. Problem is that is the only ac chase, no way to work around it. If the drain can be run around a corner and then down into the floor joist system it would work. Also have an issue with waste for stackable washer and dryer. The chase will be in the way unless it is ran in the wall around two corners before going down into floor joist system. Please tell this can be done!

The stackable will be in the closet at the bottom

plumbing problems.jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
You would have to check with the fire and building inspectors, because they seldom approve a "flammable" plastic line passing through an A/C chase, although they MIGHT if it is a return duct.

Winslow

Plumber
Reaction score
It all depends on what the floor lay out is below. Do you have access to a wall underneath to drop the drain line into if you come up in the wall to the right of the lavs?

dhuston

Reaction score
Unfortunately everything below this space is open. No walls at all. I live in Florida, would anyone know if this would be against code?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Actually, since NOTHING we would say would be "official", you need to pose the question to the local building department, since THEY are the ones who would have to approve the installation.

dhuston

Reaction score
hj -- Yes I understand that. By looking at the plans, What would you do in this situation to get the lines out of the chase?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
This is a situation where I would prefer to see the actual house to work it out, because what is UNDER the floor could alter everything. The drain line can be run out of the wall into the cabinet's "toe space" to offset past the duct, but I do NOT know where it would run from there without seeing the rest of the installation.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks