President Seven Seas, Inc,

Users who are viewing this thread

Herb Carlson

Reaction score
We believe we have found a solution to the lint, hair and debris that plugs the laundry tub drain from the dirty water discharged from a clothes washing machine.

This device that is reuseable and is not tied on to the end of the washing machine discharge hose; but sits in the laundry tub drain.

You can view and buy it on www.linttrapper.com

Herb Carlson

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
Thanks Herb, If I need to remove lint from a laundry tray I'll keep you at the top of my list.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Many older homes have drain lines that are too small for a properly trapped and vented standpipe so the homeowner is forced to use the laundry tub to dump the wash water. While not the optimum, the tub does provide a reservoir for the water until it can drain. I can see that the possibility of lint and hair could clog the tub's drain so this gismo may well be a worthwhile investment for those with this draining method. Sure isn't a big investment so even if it doesn't work, you won't be out much.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Tom, I had the same thought when I posted my first comment. But, while good ol' Billy touted a whole host of junk gadgets, even he had at least one top quality product. Oxiclean. All I saying is, don't throw out the baby with the bath water too quickly. There just might be a gold nugget in there worth a second look.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
What I often see is laundry trays that discharge to a sump basin or sink pump.

I went to one home that had 3 sump pumps laying in the corner which had been replaced because they were "bad". They all had inlet screens which were completely plugged with lint. Removing the lint revealed that the pumps still worked fine.

I've never seen a good name brand pump with an inlet screen though either.

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
The instructions should also say to inspect it frequently, otherwise IT will become the stoppage that overflows the sink.

Looking at the picture, it appears to be like an overflow tube in a toilet tank, so even if the bottom "comb" portion gets clogged up, the water in the tub can still spill over the top so seems like it shouldn't allow a normal-depth laundry tub to overflow.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Please do not take my comments as an endorsement for this product. My point is/was that sometimes products like this actual work.

MACPLUMB

In the Trades
Reaction score
I always recommended to my customers with a laundry tub with a women in the house to cut off the leg
of a old pair pantyhose and secure tightly to end of discharge hose
cheap because they are throwing away anyway and just need to replace as needed

MACPLUMB

In the Trades
Reaction score
I always recommended to my customers with a laundry tub with a women in the house to cut off the leg
of a old pair pantyhose and secure tightly to end of discharge hose
cheap because they are throwing away anyway and just need to replace as needed

not to be used in a standpipe drain unless you are sure pantyhose is on tight enough not to come off
this works also in newer houses with plastic drain pipes cause even there the lint will build up and cause drain problems
down the road

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks