Plumbing between joists: Copper or PEX?

Users who are viewing this thread

rythman

Reaction score
I'm currently in the process of replacing the plumbing for a 2nd floor bathroom. The room below the bathroom is completely demo'ed down to the studs. The plumbing for the 2nd floor bathroom runs overhead in the 1st floor room.

I've removed all the other galvanized piping and now I ready to run new cold and hot water piping for the bathroom. I'm experienced with running copper, but I have an issue when it comes to running pipes between the joints.

The joists are 14" aparts and are already drilled out from the previous plumbing. My issue is that I don't see how I can a single piece of copper to run 10 feet between the joists. I don't really want to have multiple soldered 14" segments of copper to run the distance.

Should I consider using PEX or some other kind of flexible piping to solve this problem?

Thanks for any advice.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks