Please delete this thread thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
sorry I cant draw it . but why are you calling what is drawn as a dry vent a wet vent? maybe just error of wording.
just moove the 3x3x2 combi down stream of the vent in drawing and add a vent on wash machine

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
In order to draw a proper DWV system, we would need to know the layout of the entire bathroom. Typically a non bathroom fixture can not drain in another fixtures trap arm (between the fixture and its vent). It would need to tie into the drain downstream of the fixture vent. If the bathroom is horizontal wet vented, then the laundry fixture drain would need to tie in downstream of the bathroom horizontal wet vent.

Erick Didonato

Reaction score
Update on pictures. Please look over and give some feedback or blessings. Thank you. I appreciate it alot. I’m in the IPC jurisdiction.

1) The one problem I have is I need the toilet to really hug that side of floor joist to make my measurement off the wall for toilet install. This tells me that I may have to take a chunk out of joist to get the other fittings downstream to fall in place for their perspective locations on that wall. I will have to take a chunk out of floor joist for the wye & 45 degree sweeps to align. Is it necessary to rotate up the wye fitting in this picture for drain/venting slope?

2) all of the fittings shown in picture are really close together is there a minimum drain arm length or can I just keep all these connections within a small window as shown?

3) the 3x3x2 wye is for the washing machine which is going on wall for other room which will have a p-trap and vent off the sani tee 2x1.5x2 sani tee for wet venting which will go into attic area as a 1.5 pipe.

4) the 3x3x1.5 wye is the venting for the toilet. I believe it’s called dry venting. It will eventually go up the wall into attic and tie in with washing machine vent which will be attic as well.

5) toilet is the 4x3 closet elbow type.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks