Plan for new/corrected vent for kitchen sink

Users who are viewing this thread

#hammerpocket

Reaction score
I'm in the process of remodeling my kitchen and need to correct changes made in a previous remodel decades ago when the sink was moved under the window without proper venting (dotted blue lines). The new design calls for removing a pony wall that houses part of the vent stack. I'm also trying not to make a new hole in the roof. Does this layout work if I remove the dotted blue line plumbing and add the red? My main concern is the drain's turn from horizontal to vertical at the stack in the basement. It seems like it would work, but I never see diagrams that show a turn downward without a corresponding vertical vent. Any problems here?

Plumbing layout 2.jpeg

Reach4

Reaction score
The turn from vertical to horizontal needs a long sweep bend, but the horizontal to vertical can be a medium sweep bend.

Your plan looks good. Your to-be-removed did not look good.

#hammerpocket

Reaction score
Your to-be-removed did not look good.
I had always assumed that was just how things were done when the house was built in 1927. It wasn't until this remodel that I realized the sink had originally been on the other wall and vented properly. I have no idea what year that change was made.

Thanks for the help!

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
s traps were pretty common I think they were permited but Im no historian on plumbing code I see a lot of odd stuff from days of old. I cant guess what was legal and what wasent

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks