Pex or CPVC

Users who are viewing this thread

Cow_Chip

Reaction score
Not sure if I should post this here or in the remodel forum, so here goes.

I live in a townhouse that was built in the mid 80's. Existing plumbing lines are Quest. This has been nothing but a problem since I bought the place. I have had nothing but water leak after water leak.

I want to replace the plumbing, and was looking into either PEX or CPVC. I am trying to limit the total amount of wall damage that I have to do, so PEX is my leaning at this time. I figure that for my longest runs along each side wall I could use the existing line as a "pull line" for the new, and stub out the ends using the copper adapters.

Should I use separate home runs for the supply lines, or copy what the existing lines look like now. (a standard installation with 1 major shut off valve)

Looking for a few suggestions. This will be a fast moving project when I get started.

Thanks

Plumber2000

Plumber
Reaction score
I'd copy what you have, there are pex angle stops, saves time when you use them, they crimp on just like the fitting.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks